Using conference calling with RingCentral allows you to join or host calls across different platforms. Whether you’re using your cell phone, desk phone or desktop app, you can be part of a call. This improves communication and collaboration between team members, making it an important feature available through RingCentral. Here we’ll look at how to do conference calls.
Step 1: Conference Calls via Your Online Account
Hosting and joining conference calls through your online account is quick and simple. Follow the steps below to set up or join a call:
- Go to your RingCentral online account. Click on the Conference icon.
- You’ll be taken to the conference screen where you’ll be able to set up the call. Here you’ll see the Dial-In number, as well as a Host Code and Participants Code.
- For International participants, you’ll need to select the applicable countries that can be found under International Dial-In Numbers. A list will appear with specific numbers for each country you might want to add. Any dial-in phone numbers that you select from this list will then be added to the email invite.
- If you want to allow participants to join the call before the host, you can select Enable join before host.
- Conference Commands – Clicking on this will present you with a number options with a list of codes that can be used during the call. This will help you manage the call as the host. Host options include:
- Caller Count – Allows you to keep count of the number of participants on the call.
- Leave Conference – Allows the host to leave and end the call.
- Menu – Allows you to listen to the list of touch tone commands.
- Set Listening Modes:
- Mute Callers – Mutes all callers, while still allowing callers to unmute themselves.
- Mute Callers – This is a Listen Only mode. Callers cannot unmute themselves.
- Unmute Callers – All callers are unmuted.
- Mute Host Line – The host can mute and unmute their own line.
- Secure the Call – The host can block all callers or reopen the line.
- Hear Sound When People Enter or Exit Call:
- Turn off all sounds.
- Enter sound is set to on, while exit sound is set to off.
- Enter sound is set to off, while exit sound is turned to on.
- Turn on all sounds.
- Record Your Conference – You can set the recording to start and stop when it suits you so that you have a record of the call.
There are also participant options available during any conference call; however, these are significantly more limited than the options available to the host. Participant options include:
- Exit the Conference – Participants can choose to exit the call at any time.
- Menu of Touch Tone Commands – This offers the menu of command options, as well as their unique code.
- Mute – You are able to mute and unmute your own line at any time.
- To continue, click on Invite with Email.
- Complete the email invite by entering the email addresses of all participants in the To field. The email will include instructions on how to join the call, with a dial-in number, Participant Access Code, and a link. Click on Send.
Step 2: Calling in to a Conference
Once you have all the information about a conference call, you’ll need to dial in at the appropriate time.
- Go to the Conference icon in your account to see all the details you need (including a link or a dial-in number and access code). This information is also available in the email invite you would have received.
- The dial-in number is the same for hosts and participants.
- Once you’ve dialled in, if you are a host, enter the Host Code followed by the # or if you are a Participant, enter the Participants Code followed by the #.
- You can also join a conference call by clicking on any of the links found in the text or email invite.
Step 3: Join a Conference Call from Your Smartphone
Joining a conference call is simple from your smartphone.
- Go to the menu.
- Click on the Conference icon.
- Invite participants. This can be done by text or by email. Enter the relevant phone numbers or email addresses in the appropriate fields and send the invite.
- Join as a host. With one tap, you’ll be able to join the call that you set up. If you prefer, you can dial in with the number provided and then input your Host Access Code to join the call.
- Join as a participant. Participants will need to use the dial-in number listed on the screen and then enter the Participant Access Code that is provided.
Final Word: RingCentral Conferencing Made Easy
Communication and collaboration among team members are important for any business. In today’s mobile world, it can sometimes be difficult to gather all team members together for in-house meetings. Conference calls allow you to keep in touch and have meetings no matter where your team members are. Using the RingCentral conference call feature, you can invite participants from around the world by email or text. You can set up calls and invite participants from any device that suits you. You’ll be able to manage the calls from wherever you are to ensure the meeting runs smoothly. There is no need to be bound by the walls of your office when you need to get in touch with your team. With no need to reserve a conference call line, you can set up a conference in just a few easy steps whenever you need.