Transferring customer calls is an important part of managing your business. To provide quality customer support, you must be able to transfer customer calls efficiently and accurately so that they get through to the right person. Here we’ll look at how to transfer calls with RingCentral while discussing some of the options that are available to improve the process.
All successful businesses run on smooth communication. Call Transferring plays an important role in maintaining that. To provide quality customer care and build credibility for your business, efficient call transfers are integral.
Let’s take a look at how you can transfer calls with Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.RingCentral, and discover options available to choose the best for yourself.
STEP 1: CALL TRANSFER TO ANOTHER NUMBER OR EXTENSION
The more efficient and responsive you are with your customer support, the happier your customers will be. For happy customers, use the Call Flip feature on RingCentral to transfer calls quickly and accurately. Transferring a call or a Call Flip to another phone line or extension on RingCentral is as easy as it can be.
RingCentral provides you with multiple options for call transfers. Choose the one that works best for you and suits your customers as well. Follow these steps to ensure efficient call transfers:
- On your RingCentral phone press‘Transfer’. The option is present on the bottom left of your screen. Enter the phone number or Extension number of another User within your RingCentral account to make the transfer.
- You can also press ‘Add’ – the +sign on your screen to transfer the call to number from your contact list.
- You will then be presented with 3 Transfer options. Choose the one that serves your purpose best.
STEP 2: SELECT YOUR TRANSFER OPTIONS
The three Transfer options available serve different purposes. Once you’ve dialed in the phone number or extension of the person you want to transfer the call to, select the option that is best suit for the way in which you want the call transferred.
- Warm Transfer – You can transfer calls to a phone number or extension using this option. When you press the Warm Transfer icon on your screen, you will be able to speak with the recipient of the transfer. Once you are ready to make the transfer, you can simply press the ‘Complete Transfer’ option.
- Blind Transfer – This option allows you to transfer calls to a phone number or extension as well. However, Blind Transfer doesn’t give you a chance to speak with the recipient of the transfer. The call will be directly transferred to the intended number and will be on hold until the person answers the phone or it goes through their voicemail. In the event the call goes to voicemail, the caller will be able leave a message to the transferred number following the beep.
- Send to Voicemail– As the name suggests, this option allows you to make the transfer directly to the voicemail of an extension in your account. As soon as you complete the transfer, the line will take your caller immediately to the intended person’s voicemail. They can then leave a message when they hear the beep.
STEP 3: CALL TRANSFER TO AN EXTENSION WITH YOUR POLYCOM/CISCO DESK PHONE
Transferring a call from your RingCentral desk phone is just as effortless. Since this is a Blind Transfer, the call will show the Caller ID of the original caller.
- Start by dialing ## (Double Hash). This will place the caller on hold, so you can complete the Transfer.
- Now you will hear a voice message with instructions. To complete the transfer you will have to press the extension number of another extension in your account. However, to return to the call, simply press #
- This will be a Blind Transfer. This means that once the transfer is complete, the caller will remain on hold until the intended extension answers, or until the call goes to their voicemail.
STEP 4: CALL TRANSFER TO A PHONE NUMBER WITH YOUR POLYCOM/CISCO DESK PHONE
Can you transfer a call with your desk phone to a number that is not an extension in your account? Of course, you can! Just follow these simple steps to make the transfer:
- Start by dialing ##(Double Hash). This will place the caller on hold.
- The same voice message as above will play. However, this time you will need to press * for more options.
- You will now be instructed by another voice message – press 1 to transfer the call and ** to cancel.
- To continue with the transfer, press 1. Now you will be asked to enter the phone number or quick dial number (Flip Number) of the person, the transfer is intended for.
- Dial the number, followed by # to complete the transfer.
Take note that if you wish to Warm Transfer (to be able to speak with the call recipient before the transfer is made) your calls, you’ll need to use Quick Dial. For this to function, you will first have to set up Quick Dial numbers (Flip Numbers).
Another point of concern: This option will only allow the caller ID of the transferring number, not of the original caller to be displayed.
SETTING UP CALL FLIP
This feature is explicitly designed to transfer a call from one phone device to another. So you can switch from your landline to mobile and vice versa, when need be. However, you can also use this feature to transfer a call to another person.It allows for hassle-free and quick call transfers with Quick Dial. You can set it up by following these basic steps:
- On your RingCentral phone screen, click on the User List, situated under the Users icon.
- Select Users with Extension. And click on the user you want to make the transfer to.
- Now open the Call Handling and Forwarding tab. Open Settings and then press Edit under the Call Flip icon.
- A pop-up window would have appeared by now. You can make the necessary changes to the list of numbers assigned to the specific user. Each of these numbers would have Flip Number next to it.
FINAL WORD: SEAMLESS CALL TRANSFERS WITH RINGCENTRAL
RingCentral allows for a number of ways to transfer calls. You’ll be able to make the transfer, irrespective of the device you are using. This way, your customers are never disappointed, and the communication always runs smooth. Of the many options available, make sure you choose the one that best suits your customer support services. More importantly, when using desk phones to make the transfer, configuring your Flip Numbers makes for quicker and effortless transfers. Happy transferring!