In times when the world is a global village, international calls have become a necessary part of our lives and business. Thankfully, Vonage VoIP offers great solutions for calling internationally. The offers extend to both personal and business phones services.
Vonage allows you to make local and international calls offering different plans to suit your needs. If you are just getting started with your Vonage account and need help with international calling, keep reading.
Here is a simple step-by-step guide to walk you through the process. We’ll help you decide the best plan for you, everything that you need to consider before signing up, and making the actual call. Go ahead, and dial international with Vonage today!
STEP 2: IS YOUR ACCOUNT IS SET FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS?
In order to be able to make international calls using Vonage or become eligible for any of the plans Vonage offers, make sure that your account is set up for international calls.
- Active Status– This is very important. If your Vonage Account is not Active, you won’t be able to make any international calls even if the country you are calling is included in your plan. Therefore, make sure your account is Active and not in the status of Grace or Suspend.
To get your account to Active status, you simply need to make a payment or update your payment information in your Online Account.
- International Call Block Feature– You might be unable to make international calls if calling internationally is blocked on your account by default or some other reason. To unblock international calls, simply log into your Online Vonage Account and turn the International Call Block feature off.
Your account is now ready for international calling!
STEP 3: DIAL INTERNATIONALLY WITH VONAGE
Vonage is undoubtedly one of the best VoIP software solutions for calling internationally, and for good reason! It is fast,easy and offers comprehensive packagesso you can call around the world anytime you want.
It doesn’t matter if you’re call internationally for business or pleasure, Vonage has got you covered. Just follow these steps to get connected with people around the globe today:
- Dial out of the US– Let’s begin, first dial the exit code for the United States. The code will remain the same regardless of the country you are calling – 011.
- Dial the country you’re calling– Enter the international calling code for the country you are trying to call. This alerts the system, and the code acts like an entry number for the country you are trying to call. Each country has its own calling code so make sure you are dialing the correct code, or the call won’t make.
- Dial the area code– As each country has a calling code, each area does as well. After dialing out of the US and into the country of your desire, you must enter the area code for the city you wish to call. As with countries, each city in the world has its own area code.
- Dial the phone number– Now you can dial the specific phone number of whoever you are calling.
Make sure you dial all the codes consecutively without break or the call won’t make.
STEP 4: TRY THE VONAGE EXTENSIONS APP FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLING
The Vonage Extensions App makes international calling a step easier. The app allows you to carry your home phone with you wherever you go. This feature enables you to answer all incoming calls to your Vonage ‘home’ number from wherever you are. It also allows you to answer or receive calls via your mobile phone using the app. Just choose an international calling plan that suits you best and get to calling around the world with Vonage Extensions app.
FINAL WORD: HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DIALLING INTERNATIONALLY WITH VONAGE
Vonage offers comprehensive communication solutions using VoIP. Whether it is calling locally or internationally, Vonage makes the calling experience simple and hassle-free.
However, here are a few things you should know about dialing internationally with Vonage for a smooth ride:
- Before you begin your journey, look at all the international calling plans and choose the one that is best suited for you and your business. Of the various options available, you are sure to find the one for you, and then you can use your plan to make and receive international calls from up to 60 countries around the world at the lowest possible rates.
- Don’t forget to set up your Vonage account for international calls and make sure your account’s status remains Active to continue calling internationally.
- Finally, make the call. Begin with dialing the exit code for US followed by the country and area code of the country/city you are calling and then enter the phone number to complete the call. This is explained in detail above. Use these simple steps to call the people you want to no matter where they are in the world!
Before signing up for any plan, check the terms and conditions to avoid future confusions and conflicts. To know more about Vonage VoIP, you can visit their website or use our guides to help you understand how it works.
STEP 1: SET UP YOUR VONAGE PLAN FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS
Making international calls is just as easy as making local calls with Vonage. It is a simple process. Just make sure the plan you are on allows you to make international calls to avoid additional charges.
Vonage offers a variety of data plans and you can choose the one that suits your needs the best. Here are some of the options available on their website.
- Vonage World– On a low price, this plan allows you to enjoy unlimited talk time to more than 60 different countries around the world and across the US. You can use your home phone and two smart phonesto make and receive your international calls via the Vonage app.
- Vonage 3000 to Globe Philippines– Vonage’s Philippines plan allows you to enjoy all the features of the Vonage World plan with unlimited talk time to more than 60 different countries, all the while offering 3,000 minutes to Globe numbers with the Vonage Extension app. The Philippines calling plan works on your home phone and two additional smart phones.
- Vonage North America– The name might suggest that this plan only provides for calling locally but in fact allows unlimited calls across the US(including Puerto Rico), Canada and now Mexico as well.
You can make and receive calls on this plan from your home phone and two smart phones with over 20 premium calling features. Calls across the rest of the world are also offered on a low international rate.
- Vonage US & Canada 400–While this is a phone plan designed specifically for excessive local usage, it comes packed with 400 minutes within the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada, allowing you to make international calls via your home phone and two smart phones on low international rates.