Team work and good communication is the root of a successful enterprise. To achieve this, team members should be able to collaborate and communicate their ideas seamlessly. RingCentral offers a simple solution with its unique feature of Conference Calls. Now you can enjoy full-fledged conferences with no interruptions, wherever you are. You can attend the call via any of your devices with RingCentral.
This feature is a game-changer for communication within organizations and proves beneficial in improving efficiency. To avail this service, just follow the easy steps below and get on the bandwagon!
STEP 1: CONFERENCE CALLS VIA YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT
To start a conference call with your Online RingCentral Account, follow the steps bellow:
- On your Online RingCentral Account, there’s a Conference tab. Click on the tab.
- A new window will open. This is your conference screen. The Dial-In Number will appear along with a Host Code and Participants code. You are ready to host the call.
- Please note; for participants outside of the US, you must choose their respective countries from the International Dial-In Numbers. You will see a list of country codes; add the specific code of the country of your international participant. Once you’ve selected a number from the International Dial-In Numbers, it will be automatically added to your email invite list.
- RingCentral allows you to enable participants to join the call before the host. Simply click on Enable Join Before Host to avail this option.
- On your screen, you will see a Conference Commands tab. When you press the tab, a list of options with specific codes will appear. You can use any of these during the call. These options are only visible to the host so that you can manage the conference to your needs. The Host options are listed below:
- Caller Count– Keeps a count of all the participants on the call.
- Leave Conference– Leave and end the conference using this option.
- Menu – You can listen to all the touch tone commands by clicking on Menu.
· Set Listening Modes:
- Mute Callers– This will mute all the participants, but they can unmute themselves whenever they want.
- Mute Callers– On the Listen-Only mode participants will not be allowed to unmute themselves.
- Unmute Callers– This will unmute the participants.
- Mute Host Line– As a host, you are allowed to Mute/Unmute your own line.
- Secure the Call– As a host, you are allowed to Block/Unblock any participant.
- Hear Sound When People Enter or Exit Call:
- Host can turn on all the sounds.
- The host can set the Enter sound to on, while Exit sound is turned off.
- The host can set the Enter sound to off, while Exit sound is turned on.
- Host can turn off all sounds.
- Record Your Conference– To keep records, you can set the call on recording at any point of the call duration and stop it any time as per your requirements.
The participants have their share of options available throughout the duration of the conference:
- Exit the Conference– You are allowed to leave the call any time you want.
- Menu of Touch Tone Commands– The menu shows you your specific code and the list of your command options.
- Mute– The participants can also choose to Mute/Unmute their line whenever they want.
- Once you’ve selected your participants for the conference, invite them by selecting the Invite on Email option.
- You will need to enter the email addresses of all the desired participants in the To This email invite will be enclosed with a Dial-In Number, Participant Code, link to the call and a manual on how to join.
- After completing the email Invite, press Send.
STEP 2: CALLING IN TO A CONFERENCE
Once the invite is sent, you are ready to start your conference call.
- On your online account, click on the Conference tab. This will show you all the essentials you need to start your call, like Dial-In Number, Participant Code etc. This information is attached with the email invite that was sent to all the participants.
- The Dial-In number is the same for everyone.
- For the dial-in, enter your respective codes before the #. This means that the host will have to enter the Host Code and the Participants will have to enter the Participant Code followed by the #
- The links in your email invite can also be used to join the call to save time.
STEP 3: JOIN A CONFERENCE CALL FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
You can join a conference call via any of your mobile devices by just following these simple steps:
- On your RingCentral mobile app, select Menu.
- Go to the Conference tab.
- Now you can invite your participants. Type in the appropriate phone numbers or email addresses in the relevant fields to complete your invite. The invite can be sent via email or text, choose whatever suits you best.
- To join the call as a host, dial in your Host Code with the number provided. This can also be done by simple click on the Join as a Host option.
- For participants to join, they are required to use the Dial-In Number appearing on their screen along with the Participant Access Code that is provided in the email.
FINAL WORD: RINGCENTRAL CONFERENCING MADE EASY
In the fast-paced world of today, it’s almost impossible to have your entire team physically on board for a conference. However, to keep the communication within the enterprise running smoothly, RingCentral provides a VoIP solution with its Conference Call feature.
RingCentral allows you to hold business conferences with participants around the world, whenever you want. Use whichever device that suits your comfort and invite all your team to the virtual conference experience that you had been waiting for.