RingCentral is considered one of the best VoIP solutions, and for good reason. Along with replacing your traditional telephone setup, it also doubles as your fax machine.
RingCentral makes it possible for you to send and receive faxes directly from your desktop, email or even mobile phone! It is the quicker, simpler and more efficient form of fax that is ideal for startups and small businesses. Activate your fax services with RingCentral by following these simple steps:
STEP 1: ACTIVATE YOUR FAX SERVICE WITH RINGCENTRAL
To avail the fax services, activate the service on your RingCentral account and configure the settings to your preferences.
- Once you join the RingCentral fax family, a welcome email will be sent to you. Open this email.
- Open the activation link enclosed in the email.
- Complete the activation process.
- After your fax service is activated, you can manage your faxes via any device with an internet connection. Simply download the RingCentral app and go to Tools on your RingCentral account.
Now that you’ve activated your fax service, let’s have a look at the unique features that RingCentral offers with its fax service. This way, you can set up your fax to suit your business needs and make faxing easier for you.
- Toll-free and local fax numbers– you can send or receive faxes whenever you want from a toll-free or local number
- Incorporation with the Cloud (Box, DropBox, and Google Drive)– you can fax files from the cloud directly via your desktop or mobile
- Customizable options– you can make custom covers for your business, and make use of options like, easy view, forward, forward all, save, resend, cancel, etc.
- Online configuration design– detailed fax logs can be viewed and stored online
- Faxing via email– your corporate directory can be used for quick faxing and faxes can be stored online
- Secure faxing– you are also allowed to store faxes in a password-protected account to ensure privacy
- Fax alerts– a text message will be sent to your mobile phone, every time you get a new fax
- Broadcast faxing– you can create groups and collectively send faxes to multiple people at a time
Now that you’ve understood the various features available to you with RingCentral fax service, you can get started with using the RingCentral fax service. They are all quite simple and straight-forward and with a basic step-by-step guide you will be able to use all of them.
STEP 2: RINGCENTRAL - HOW TO FAX ONLINE
To send a fax online, log in to your Online RingCentral Account. Go to the FaxOut tab on your account and send a fax from any of your mobile devices!
- In the RingCentral desktop or mobile app, create a ‘New Fax’. Enter one or more recipient fax numbers. You can also choose numbers from your contact list simply by clicking on the +next to the recipient box.
- Compose a cover page, if you want.
- Now you can attach the file you want to send. Attach a file stored on your computer/device or from your cloud storage, including Google Drive, DropBox, or any Microsoft application. File attachment limit for each fax is 20 MB.
- Press Send. You can send faxes instantly or set them to be sent on a specific date and time, as per your requirements.
- To find out the status of your fax, check your inbox. You will receive an email of the delivery status or. Or you can go to your outbox to check if it has been delivered or not.
STEP 3: RINGCENTRAL - HOW TO FAX BY EMAIL
RingCentral brings you a quick and simple way of using your email to send fax:
- Open your email.
- Enter the addressee’s fax number in the recipient window, immediately followed by @rcfax.com. You can use this domain for up to 50 recipients.
- If you wish to create a cover page, enter the content of your cover page in the Subject: field.
- Now type the fax or attach the file you want to send. The message body and the attachments will become the pages of your fax. Please note that you can attach up to 20 MB.
- Make sure there are no signatures, images or footnotes in the body of your email.
- Press Send.
- To confirm delivery, check your outbox.
STEP 4: RINGCENTRAL - HOW TO FAX USING THE MOBILE APP
RingCentral fax service can be availed from your mobile phones as well. It allows you to access your contact list to conveniently fax people using their phone numbers on your list.
- Open the RingCentral app on your phone.
- Click on the FaxOut icon to open a new fax.
- Enter the fax number of the addressee or select a one from your contact list by pressing the +next to the recipient window. Up to 50 people can be faxed at a time, using the app.
- To create a custom cover page, select a Fax Cover Page template.
- Attach the file you want to send. This can be done in three ways:
- Into the attachment window present, drag the file you want to attach from your folder.
- Scan the particular document by clicking on the Scan icon.
- With a cable, manually attach your document from your computer.
- The limit for file attachment is 20 MB and 200 pages.
Press Send. You can send faxes instantly or choose to set them to be sent on a particular date and time, as per your requirements.
FINAL WORD: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RINGCENTRAL FAX SERVICE
RingCentral is one of the best VoIP service providers in the market for small businesses. It is a cost-efficient and easy to use solution that offers a convenient, quick and cheap substitute for your fax machine. It allows you to send faxes via your email, your Online RingCentral Account or the RingCentral mobile app.
Use our guide to get familiarized with the unique feature and send faxes from wherever you want to up to 50 people at a time. Faxing was never this easy!